Pablo de Oliveira Castro
You can reach me at email@example.com.
The fingerprint of my OpenPGP key 0x10CB31B4 is 6105 8732 06C4 5700 B7A4 8D83 D2F0 74F0 10CB 31B4.
Computer science professor at the Université de Versailles St-Quentin-en-Yvelines teaching operating systems design, compiler construction, and floating-point error analysis. I am also responsable de mention for the master degree in High Performance Computing and Simulation.
I participate in Écopolien, a political ecology group, that brings together researchers and teachers concerned by the climate crisis.
My research topics include computer arithmetic, performance and energy characterization and optimization, and parallel languages for high performance computing.
- PhD students
- Mathys Jam, is working on machine learning techniques for code optimization, coadvised with D. Defour, W. Jalby, E. Petit.
- PhD alumni
- El-Mehdi El Arar, Stochastic models for the evaluation of numerical errors, 2023, UVSQ PhD thesis, directed by and coadvised with D. Sohier and E. Petit. Now postdoctoral researcher at IRISA.
- Yohan Chatelain, Tools for debugging and optimizing floating-point computations in HPC, 2019, UVSQ PhD thesis, directed by and coadvised with W. Jalby. Now postdoctoral researcher at the University of Concordia.
- Mihail Popov, Automatic decomposition of parallel programs for optimization and performance prediction, 2016, UVSQ PhD thesis, directed by and coadvised with W. Jalby. Now research scientist at INRIA.
- Verificarlo: A tool for automatic Montecarlo Arithmetic analysis
- CERE: Codelet Extractor and REplayer
- Adaptive Sampling Kit: sampling large experimental spaces
- IRVM: A Virtual Machine for Andrew W. Appel’s Tree Intermediate Representation
- Squeak VM port for Nintendo DS
- TigerGrader: A flexible homework submission and automatic grader web application
- Similar: groups text files in a directory by similarity (based on Xapian)
- A bibtex2html plugin for Jekyll static site generator
- A Simple Tron Bot
You may be interested by some of the slides, exercices and labs which I use in my computer science lectures.